Sunday, July 22, 2012

HACE FRIO


So 65 degrees isn’t cold right? WRONG SIR! You are so wrong. 65 degrees isn’t  cold in The States because we have central heating. So its 65 outside, no big deal but its also 65 inside. You can’t escape the chill here. The only solution is to bundle up but here’s the problem: I didn’t bring a lot of warm clothes. I have 2 long sleeved shirts and one coat. That’s it. But it gets better. I brought no close toed shoes. I've been wearing Sacos (essentially socks with sandals) to go out to bars. Classy, I am one good looking gringa. But it gets even better. In Chile you have a space heater for your bedroom! Sounds great doesn’t it?! And you run this space heater all night? Oh no! No, that would be too easy. Instead you have to turn it on for 15 minutes and then turn it off, crawl into bed with at least 3 layers of clothes on and then in the middle of the night when you wake up freezing you have to turn the space heater on again for another 15 minutes and then turn it off so you can go back to sleep without turning into a popsicle. So like I said…hace frio

3 comments:

  1. I think you are really living up to the name of this blog! Didn't you know it was going to be winter there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah well in my mind a winter without snow translates to a winter that isn't cold. I was very wrong. But at least I get to go shopping for new clothes!!

      Delete
  2. And long underwear for bedtime!

    ReplyDelete