Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dia Triste (Sad Day)


The following is an assignment I had to do for my spanish reading and writing class. It is a half page about myself in Spanish. It took me an HOUR to do and I can guarantee that there are enough grammatical errors to make a spanish speaking reader ill. Sad day Kait, sad day. 

           Me llamo es Kait Beseda. Me apellido es de La Republica Checa. Beseda es un folklore baile nacional de Checa. Mi  familia extendida es grande y fuert. Nos emcanta a comer y contar historias cuando estamos juntos. Mi familia inmediata es yo, mi hermano, Jacob, mi madre, Jill, y mi padre, Brian. Y no puedo olvidar mi perro, Abby. Ella es una importante parte de mi familia. Vivemos en St. Louis, Missouri en Los Estados Unidos. Yo amo mi familia por que nosotros tener muchos divertidos juntos. Nosotros siempre vemos películas cómicas en los noches.
Yo voy a una universidad en Denver, Colorado. Mi universidad es Cristiano entonces yo tengo muchas clases sobre Dio, Jesús, y la Biblia. Me grado es de communicaciones pero yo no se qual me gustaria con lo. Mi solamente deseo en mi vida es a viajar el mundo y intentar cosas nuevas. Entonces, yo no pienso que yo poder solamente un trabajo, me gustaria tengo muchos trabajos en diferente partes del mundo. Mi madre siempre decie que ella hace un monstruo de viajar porque es todo yo quiero hago.
Cuando yo estoy no viajar me gusta tener tiempo can mi amigos. Juntos nos gusta ir de excursion, ir a las montanas, jugar en la nieva, ver la programa Saturday Night Live, hablar sobre el futuro y Dio, y reir mucho. Sin mi amigos estoy perdido. Nostros hacer todos juntos y nos amamos muchos. Mi veces favoritos can mi amigas esta cuando nosotros sentarse en la sofa en el noche. 

Lets translate this frustratingly simple half page shall we?

My name is Kait Beseda. My last name is from the Czech Republic. Beseda is the name of a national folk dance of Czech. My extended family is big and loud. We love to eat and tell stories when we are together. My immediate family is my brother Jacob, my mom, Jill, and my dad, Brian. And I can't forget my dog, Abby. She is an important part of the family. I live in STL Missouri, in The US. I love my family because we have fun together. We always watch funny movies together in the evening.
I got to a university in Denver, CO. My university is Christian so we have many classes about God, Jesus and the Bible. My degree is communications but I don't know what I want to do with it. My sole desire in life is to travel the world and try new things. So I don't think I can have only one job, I would like to have many jobs in different parts of the world.  My mom always says that she made a traveling monster because that is all I want to do. 
When I am not traveling I like to spend time with my friends. Together we like to hike, go to the mountains, play in the snow, watch SNL, talk about the future and God, and laugh a lot. I am lost without my friends. We do everything together and we love each other very much. My favorite times with my girl friends is when we sit on the couch together at night. 

Keep in mind that this translation is not exact, this is merely what I was trying to say and what I think (to my knowledge) is written in spanish. My lovely mother has kept an entire box of my homework and projects from elementary school. This half sheet belongs in that box with the many papers inside that read something like this: "What is your favorite food? __makaronee and ches__"  "What is your favorite animal? __I lik elifants__"  This sad excuse for a description will actually translate at the same degree as my elementary school papers: they are understandable but mostly just amusing 

I felt the need to share my low level of spanish skills with those of you who keep insisting that my spanish is good. Incorrecto, señor. Mi espanol esta muy muy malo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment